3.7.17

Teaching HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE? 

03/10/2013
Five years ago I bought this little book to teach the expression: 

How long does it take to do something? 
It takes…

The book is definitely focused on children's everyday life and suggests them to consider the amount of time they need to do things like zipping up a jacket, going to school by bike, filling in a bucket with sand, taking their shoes off, washing the dog etc.

My students find it quite entertaining, so I wanted to keep thinking about time. I came out with these actions that anybody can time inside any classroom:

- How long does it take to jump 20 times?
- How long does it take to say the English alphabet?
- How long does it take to say "I can speak English" 10 times?
- How long does it take to pile up all your books?
- How long does it take to take everything out of your schoolbag and then put it back in?  

I'm sure you can think about many other enjoyable things to do and time.

Let the children write down the questions and the answers, it'll help consolidate them in their minds.

Finally encourage them to think of their own.

Have fun!

--> Quiero leer este post en Castellano



 

No comments:

Post a Comment